What to Expect
- Discussion of evidence-based nutrition therapy recommendations for health diagnoses and concerns you’d like to address
- Treatment with dignity and respect
- Psychological support and encouragement
For those with weight concerns or dissatisfaction with your relationship with food:
- Discussion of your dieting history
- Exploration of hunger/fullness cues
- Mindful eating
- Reframing your value of body weight and shape
- Discussion of intuitive eating principles
I practice in accordance with the non-diet Health At Every Size (HAES) approach to nutrition therapy. This technique has shown to result in potential improvement of blood pressure, cholesterol, cortisol levels and other biomarkers as well as improved dietary quality and reduced body dissatisfaction.
What NOT to Expect
- Nutrition therapy for weight loss
- Calorie limit recommendations
- Meal plans (unless as part of a service package and to treat a medical condition)
- Recommendations to follow any diet as a means to attempt weight loss
- Use of intuitive eating to achieve weight loss
- Use of BMI as a health indicator
You can achieve improved health without any of these traditional diet tools. In therapy my goal is to encourage and enable healthy behaviors. Weight is not a behavior.
The only time I recommend specific eating plans is for certain medical conditions, such as food allergies, food sensitivities, food intolerances, and other digestive issues.
Drop Me a Line
Questions? Confused? Don’t see what you’re looking for? Let’s get in touch.